We found several lists for raising a wonderful son. These items below are a compilation of the ones we love the best. Enjoy.
1. Never shake a person’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. Show your emotions. It lets others know your true strength.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for someone else.
14. When you marry the love of your life, you marry the entire family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask someone out.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners are deeply important.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. Do what you say, integrity is everything.
32. In all things lead by example rather than explanation.
33.. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
34. If ever in doubt, remember who you are and REFUSE to just be an ordinary man!
35. Tell the people around you that you love them, often. You never know how time you have left.
Love this list. Have anymore to add? Let us know!
Love, Dr. Shawne