Richard Branson’s attitude and philosophy on business inspires millions, including us here at Project Forgive.
He dropped out of school at 16 and went on to become a billionaire as the founder of the successful Virgin Group, which holds more than 400 companies.
He promotes one attribute that has been key to his success, forgiveness.
Here are our favorite Richard Branson quotes on forgiveness and overcoming making mistakes. We’re all human, after all.
1. No matter the situation, forgiveness is the best answer. – Richard Branson
2. If you’ve fallen out with someone, I urge you to call them up and arrange to meet and talk about the situation. You’ll most likely both think that the other person is to blame, but give each other the benefit of the doubt. – Richard Branson
3. Life’s too short to hold grudges. – Richard Branson
4. Everyone deserves freedom to move forward – and forgiveness is the fastest route to peace and happiness. – Richard Branson
5. Nelson Mandela’s life is a powerful tale of forgiveness. After being unfairly jailed for 27 years, he forgave the people who imprisoned him. This forgiveness enabled him to become one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen. Together with Archbishop Desmond Tutu, he set up the Truth and Reconciliation Commission after apartheid was abolished, and the spirit of forgiveness shown in the process continues to enable South Africa to move forward. – Richard Branson
6. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over. – Richard Branson
7. Nobody gets everything right the first time, and it is how we learn from our mistakes that define us. – Richard Branson
8. Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. – Richard Branson
9. One of the most important lessons I have ever learned is the power of forgiveness. Forgiveness has become a cultural policy within Virgin. – Richard Branson
10. We give second chances and have reaped great rewards as a result. It’s amazing how much people lift their game when you put trust and hope in them. – Richard Branson
11. Remember it’s OK to be yourself. – Richard Branson
12. No one should be judged by the worst moment in their lives, which is why we encourage our businesses to find ways of training and employing people who have been released from prison. – Richard Branson
13. My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again. – Richard Branson
14. One thing is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes. – Richard Branson
15. Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again. – Richard Branson
16. Everyone deserves freedom to move forward – and forgiveness is the fastest route to peace and happiness. – Richard Branson
17. Forgiveness is the fastest route to peace. The more inner peace the world’s people have, the more world peace we will all experience. – Richard Branson
How Do You Know When You’ve Forgiven Someone?
18 Inspiring Tom Hanks Quotes To Make Your Day